Let’s nurture social justice and leadership as we expand “Social distance” and remote work. We know workplace bias grows when we’re tired, overwhelmed, or in the midst of change. We can keep bias and bullying from creeping into work.
- Slow down, take the time to address your biases, we all have them
- Center the margins, the marginalized
- Define and stick to clear, open communication norms
- Be kind and don’t allow any *isms, body shaming, or comments on people’s appearance
- Lead regular mindfulness + movement activities
- Reward empathetic relationship nurturers over the most productive
- Facilitate virtual water cooler conversations
- Let go of perfection, be ok with just enough to get by, be patient
- Spread out the office housework like note taking and arranging meetings
- Provide actionable, measurable, constructive feedback
*Watch the replay HERE!*
Befriending Dragons Services
- Speaker: Deliver talks and facilitate workshops that dive deeper into this subject.
- Consultant: Define and drive an anti-bias, anti-bullying plan specific to your organization.
- Leadership Coach: Guide a leader who implements these changes.
Cindy Gross, Founder of Befriending Dragons https://befriendingdragons.com/